Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I think I have a job!

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I wanted to show off a couple more swap items I just got: "Tie One On" headband from Superstitch and "Soul Meets Body" Tee from Skarinja. I keep getting amazed, impressed and inspired by all the neat things fellow Craftsters are doing!

Now what's this about a job?

Well, I know nothing about it really or how much they pay but can I start tomorrow? (warning sign for sure)

And since I am a struggling artist, a real job is the grown-up way to go. In addition to fearing it, I am also looking forward to it and I already know a couple of people there and they are Good People.

In fact, I used to work with one of the Good People at my last job, where we brainstormed the document "top ten signs you are getting into a bad job." (Not that my new so-called job will be bad. I'm happy to have the offer, really.)

I recall "can you start tomorrow?" being on the list. The rest of what I remember is listed below. There's only eight of them, and I think they may be specific to my industry. Feel free to add your own in the comments!

Can you start tomorrow?

Can you come in today?

So if this works out would you be able to start now?

So it's 6 days a week. How do you feel about working weekends? It's a lot of late nights!

Things are going to be really crazy in the beginning but then it'll be really cool.

Things are going to be crazy for a while but we're going to hire some other people...…

The only drawback with this job is we have a really tight budget.

The pay is low and the hours are long, but we have a lot of dedicated people on staff who make it all work. Welcome!

8 comments:

erin32mc said...

congrats on the job. at the very least, you'll get
more great experiences to turn into stories for us to read about.

Anonymous said...

Here are a few more:

Have you ever sold office supplies door-to-door before?

Are you OK with nudity?

Sorry, we bring in our own pencils and pens.

Can you work six days a week?

Anonymous said...

Whoops!
Six days a week was already on there!

Star said...

Those are really good alex! I've been asked two of those four!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I hope it wasn't the nudity one...

Not that you're not highly qualified!

Did you hear that Stitch Cafe is hiring a full time person to WORK IN A LOCAL YARN SHOP???? This one sounds fun to me and I'm not looking.

Congratulations (I hope it's great and you can still meet me for coffee)!

AR said...

Congrats! I hope it works out just right for ya.

How about: Can we pay cash, you know to avoid taxes? Yikes!

I want a job in a yarn shop!

Star said...

Thanks everyone!

ar: I've had that one before too! Oy vey.

Anonymous said...

Hello Star,

Got here through your card for the Sweat Shop swap. Just to say thank you! I have received the cuffs! Loved them.

And congrats on the job too.