Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How to survive a hot day:

I've been spending too much time in Cute Overload where I found this photo. Intriguing, no?

I didn't want to post at all today because it means kicking Alias socks off the front page. I don't know what I'll do next week when the Band cuff pattern gets the bump. I set up a link in the sidebar and I'm confident most people are sharp enough to figure that out...

I finished spinning my swap yarn and I'm not sure if it's good enough and I can't post photos of it until my partner gets it in the mail. This being my first swap I'm not confident with what the expectations are. I went back on Craftster today to read the swap guidelines and I see they have a new swap up called "I have a disease swap." (pause)

The number one swap rule seems to be "send to others what you would like to receive yourself."

Hey! I'm going to see Al Green tonight at the Hollywood Bowl! I hope someone brings the frozen carrots. I can't get enough of those.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frozen Carrots?

Harlem Purl said...

Dontcha think they could've made the picture even cuter if they had used sheep instead of pigs? Only in the mind of a knitter....

Star said...

YES! sheep would've been SO cute. I love the way a knitter's mind works!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Completely OT, but I may have come into a windfall (and you can, too!). Our final Read-to-Me Club library event was this morning and it was a traveling petting zoo. With pygmy goats. And Alpacas. 2 Alpacas.

So I did my usual, excuse me, but what do you do with the fleece?

And she said...drum roll please...would you like them?

She's been asking around and has kept the fleeces in case anyone wants them!!!

So after I get back from vacation, I will call her and either go and get or receive some raw alpaca. Would you like to join me?

Star said...

My jaw is on the ground!

YES I would like to join you. yes. yes, yes, yes.

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Okay, you're on. She seemed sincerely happy to have met someone who would appreciate the fleece. And who knows, maybe we'll get next year's clip, too...