Friday, August 11, 2006

Fiber Friday 8/11/06















I dyed a bit this week, and spun some too. Not much to brag about really. NEXT week I'll have some sparkly yarn to show off!

All three photos are of different pinky fibers. The first one is hand-dyed roving. The second is hand-dyed commercial yarn and the last is the swap yarn I spun. I actually did some non-pink stuff this week but I'm going to keep this a themed collection today.

It's baffling, really. I don't like pink a whole lot, but you wouldn't know it this week!

3 comments:

AR said...

Very nice yarn. How long have you been spinning? I'm trying to learn with a spindle, and it's a lot harder than it looks.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're warming up to pink because it's the color of watermelon?

Star said...

alex- you may be right! I finished that watermelon this morning and it was great.

ar: thanks! I've been spinning for one year now. I used a drop spindle for six months and got a louet s10 wheel used on ebay in feb. It takes a long time to get used to!

Have you checked out :
http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/
and
http://www.icanspin.com/

At first, I had to pre-draft the roving before spinning and I used the park and draft method. After a while of doing it 15 minutes a day, every day, it clicked. I'm still not great on a spindle. The wheel is easier and faster too.

keep at it!