Friday, June 30, 2006

Cutting room floor

I did it! I submitted my first pattern to knitty! I feel proud of myself and at the same time embarrassed that I am publicly admitting that I actually think I could actually have a pattern published there. I'm not good enough. O mine ego, you are a complicated beast.

Now I can't yet share exactly what it's all about in case it does get picked (one must hope, mustn't one?) but here is a sneak peek at one of the MANY mistakes I made while writing the pattern. I've shared other mistakes here and here. I clearly have no shame. Please note that the completed project is not simply a cute washcloth, okay? That said, I thought a cabled washcloth would be cute. I am talking about a washcloth that needs to be blocked. Here it is, being blocked now. I ask you, what use is a washcloth that needs to be blocked? Nevermind the unpleasantness of working cables into cotton yarn. I'm not even going to mention that.

Obviously, It didn't make the cut. Anyone want THAT pattern!?

No comments: