Thursday, February 22, 2007

Come on get happy

It may be raining out but the sun is shining inside my apartment.

I remember hearing a long time ago that we tend to dress for what we want the weather to be, not for what it is. We dress for where we want to go, rather than where we are. I think I spin that way.

Do I want to live in a world of sunshine and lollipops? Perhaps. It counteracts my natural inclination towards depression I think. What makes you smile? Cute stuff?

For me, it changes. For example, I still smile at the idea of unicorns, which is some weird nostalgia-induced holdover from childhood. A time before all of the soul crushing realities of life get into you and slap you around.

Forgive me, I get heavy this time of year.

Lighten up, you say? Okay! Here is another batt I made, which reminded me of a fluffy cloud.

And then some yarn that looks like the bus on the Partridge Family. The sneaky bit about this yarn is that the colors are in the proper order of a rainbow with white stripes in between each color. So when the yarn is knit, it will form a striping rainbow.

I'm going to go drink some tea and eat chocolate and spin and dream of unicorns now. You do your thing, okay?

5 comments:

chipper said...

One of my daughters has totally fallen in love with unicorns. Now, I just wish I still had all that awesome unicorn stuff I had in my unicorn days :)

the yarn and batt (as always) are beautiful!

no more shall we part said...

http://www.sciam.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=C73C7109-E7F2-99DF-31EB094AF750C3C3

XO,
B

AR said...

Love the fluffy cloud! And your llama love from the last post. :)

Faith said...

these are fantastic yarns! I found your site on craftster and have such a craft-crush; your yarn is inspirational!

Anonymous said...

That top yarn is fabulous!