Thursday, January 03, 2008

Very Bright Socks

Put on your shades! I don't usually wear bright things. I know I mentioned this when I started knitting these socks. Here is some crazy, nonetheless.

Pattern: I made it up as I went.

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in color African Grey.

Needles: Knitpicks Harmony Double pointeds, US size 1.5 (2.5mm)

Pattern Review: I cast on 60 sts and worked 1X1 twisted rib for the cuff. Then did a 4X1 rib down the leg, eye of the partridge heel and grafted toe.

This is the entirety of the pattern I followed when knitting. The yarn is so electric that I didn't want anything to get in the way. I kept it simple.

Modifications: My "pattern" was perfect. I didn't need to "stray" from it!

Yarn Review: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino... lovely! There are a ton of colors available out there and I want to try more of them. Fortunately, I have some more in my stash so I will get to do this very thing.

I can tell these will be hard wearing socks. I knitted them with a pretty tight gauge and the texture of the yarn is solid... not overly soft but nowhere near scratchy. I like it!

Overall: Just, wow! They were fun to knit, they fit well, and I'm slightly frightened of them.

There is something in the colors that make me think of sports.

I don't know where I am going with that.

I do take pleasure in having secret crazy socks under the jeans. I also like knitting outside of the comfort zone. It's something I want to do more of.

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

I love the socks!! The colorway is awesome and very bright! Thanks for sharing!!

picperfic said...

I love to wear snazzy socks...these are gorgeous!