Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another secret revealed

OK, I revealed one secret project here. I think I can reveal another one today...

I'm going to be a guest on an upcoming episode of knitty gritty! I'm excited!

It's a fun project and it tapes December 4th... I'm terrified! Any tips on how to "be" are appreciated.

It's funny to get an opportunity to do something really fantastic and then it hits... the reality of actually doing it fills one with fear. What is that? But then, who wants to let fear hold you back in life?

In big thing on tiny needles news, the Classic Elite "Miracle" yarn I'm using in the first secret project is really cool - 50% alpaca, 50% tencel. It's such a luminous color it's hypnotic. It's fragile though, and gets fuzzy if you tink. So if you're say, using it to make a garment meant to be photographed in a book, I'd suggest knitting carefully and with perfection.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool for you!! :D No advice except just to have fun. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm being sick at a friend's house today because he's got cable and i don't.

i *just* watched knitty gritty. my friend walked in when the host was talking and the designer/guest was sitting next to her on the couch. my friend remarked on how the guest looked like she was just staring into space. she was clearly nervous.

my advice (as someone who's been on both sides of the camera) is to do your best to ignore the cameras and people behind them as well as you can. when you do look at the camera, imagine you're talking to a good friend.

you'll be fine!

Dr. B. said...

Congratulations on the Knitty Gritty gig! That's so great.

Please let us know the airdate when you know it!

Anonymous said...

I find that when you're talking about something you are passionate about, you forget you're nervous, begin to feel a sense of comfort, and even enjoy yourself. I wish I had that channel! Please record it for future consideration. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! that's amazing. well i think smiling will get you far. i like sparkle's advice too.

Star said...

This is great advice! I'm going to take it to heart for sure. While I'm shy, I'm also very full of myself and will definitely be posting the airdate in bold letters when I find out.

I will record it when it airs, but I may not want to watch it!

AR said...

Congrats! Yay! Just be yourself.

Macoco said...

Congratulations! What an awesome opportunity. My best advice is to sit down and write down things you want to highlight or may be asked to talk about. That way before the show while you're doing your prep you can refer to the list to cement these things in your mind.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm going to be a Knitster on that show!

Since I've found you... and hopefully you will read this: Are they supposed to be so narrow? I guess it's because I'm 6'3".

Can't wait to meet you! You'll be great and there's no need to worry. :)

I have an email account that I check and delete garbage from... I use it for posting so I can ignore the wiredos... (you're not a wierdo, at least, not that I know of) so if you wanna fill me in:

j_la_funk@yahoo.com

P.S. My name is Jeremiah. It's nice to meet you!