Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday Tink 11/21/06

Well, I keep thinking about that poem again. Since I can't get it out of my mind, and NO amount of eating chocolate brings the level of peace I am seeking, I thought, why not re-visit an unresolved blog post of the past?
-------------------------------------

Sunday, October 01, 2006
Another busy weekend
Well I submitted an article for the winter knitty! If they don't want it I will post it here. Hint: It's a last minute gift idea that involves fiber. But it's not exactly a pattern...

Lame hint. Sorry.

I have two weeks left on my soul-sucking job and then hopefully I can re-dedicate myself to artistic endeavors like this blog. I miss spending time more time here. I admit it! Are your dreams on the backburner too?

I also have a lot of sneaky projects in the works and if I find out any of them are going to take off, I'll share them with you. If I find out they are NOT going to take off, I'll write a long self-involved post about my disappointment. Win-win for me either way.

I leave you today with a very important poem by a very important person. It's a good time of year for reflection.

A Dream Deferred by Langston Hughes:

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

---------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 21st, 2006
Today

I was suffering through a tough job at the time, counting down the days until I was free. It was a high-intensity job where co-workers would yell and throw things to express frustration. This was considered normal behavior. I ended up with one week off, and then got called back to the grindstone, and I had to take the work. I'm now counting down the days until this current job ends.

There has been some exciting news since I first wrote the entry above, the two sneaky projects did take off! First it was getting a project published in an upcoming knitting book. Then it was getting to be a guest on a knitting show!

Bear in mind, I am still waiting to hear from knitty if they want to publish my article in the winter issue. This can't be good, right? On a positive note, I'll publish it here if/when I get that rejection letter.

But really I wanted to look at that poem again as I look forward to 2007. I guess it took me a lot of explanation just to get here.

1 comment:

AR said...

Good luck with Knitty, and everything! I can't wait to see the pattern, one way or the other.