Friday, November 03, 2006

Fiber Friday 11/03/06

Here is some homespun yarn I'd like to share with you. It's over 6 oz and measures 123 yards.

It's a thick-thin singles blend of merino, targhee, rambouillet, superwash, mohair, cotswold, recycled sari silk, nylon firestar, and sparkly angelina fiber.

I don't own it anymore but I hope something nice is born from it!

I used the technique where you put fibers in a bag and randomly pull them out to spin. It's very liberating for me to work this way!

To get your homespun fix today, look at the Fiber Friday yarns on Craftster.

4 comments:

The Knitting Dietitian said...

this is so so pretty!

AR said...

Very, very nice! You spin super well!!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I would love to spin some yarn like that! What kind of things do you put in the bag and how big are the pieces?

It will be fun to see what gets made out of that pretty stuff!

Star said...

I put in lengths of roving, ready to spin. I also put in bits and handfulls of fibers not in roving form too. It's fun - you should try it!