Sunday, November 05, 2006

My first amigurumi

No laughing at me. Only laughing with me, okay?

This is a little cat that I made for a swap and honestly it looks a little crazy in person. I based it on a few different patterns but felt confident enough to wing it.

While searching the web for amigurumi inspiration I ran into some fantastic creations. It seems like all the books are in Japanese though. I believe there is a big market here in the US for an amigurumi book, so let's get started on that people!

9 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I think it's cute as can be! I will be sure NOT to let my DD see it as she would want one!

Got some great stuff at the Weaver's Guild event today but spent too much money!

Unknown said...

he just looks like he has some catnip! very lovable!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you send him out? I'm wondering what the response was?

I like him a lot.

AR said...

Oh, he's so cute! His little face has a really sweet expression!

Anonymous said...

I love the smile....not crazed....happy.

Way Out Wear said...

It's very cute. I like him! And you did him without a pattern? That's cool.

Anonymous said...

He's very cute! What are his dimensions? He looks brainy!!

Star said...

Wow! Thanks for the kindness. The cat is about 8 inches high. I believe he lives with actual cats now so I'm curious about that. What do the real cats think of him?

BEESTLYproducts said...

i love it <3<3<3