Monday, November 20, 2006

I should be ashamed of myself

So, I sent off some Sugar N' Cream yarn to the UK (They don't have anything like it there) and in exchange I got some fancy yarn and, ahem, (cough cough) some candy.

In my defense, I had no idea I would get THIS much candy.

Some of it we have here in the US but it's not the same! It's manufactured in the UK and is a little different.

I like how the munchies bar tells you what to do - "scoff me." I don't really understand that part about a Yorkie not being for girls. (?)

I suppose with this being a knitting blog and all, I should mention the lovely yarn that came in the package? Hip Knits hand dyed sock yarn. It's very pretty in person. I should have waited for better light to show it off. I wanted to start eating the candy (I mean, knitting with the yarn!) so I ran out and took photos at the first light of day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!

BEESTLYproducts said...

pretty fab :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Malteaseres and Minstrels! Lucky lady.

Anonymous said...

i wondered about that yorkie not for girls thing...last time i was in the UK....what is up w/ that???

AR said...

That is a lot of candy! Yay!

Anonymous said...

I never got candy in a swap.....

Star said...

If your swap partner lives outside the US, chances are they have access to some decent chocolate!

Marlene said...

I'm sure you won't like the Rolos. You had better send them to me, quick, before you taste them and are horribly disappointed. ;-)

Anonymous said...

The 'It's not for girls' thing is just some sort of gimmick, like a slogan. It's just a marketing thing 'hard chocolate for hard men'. They don't actually refuse to sell females or anything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkie_(chocolate_bar)
^ It's all there on wikipedia.
Though in all honesty i'm not a fan of the Yorkie bars, they're bland and boring. I do like the raisin and biscuit ones which are a bit more exciting :)