Monday, February 11, 2008

Not socks

Here's something crazy - I'm working on not socks. It's the famous clapotis by Kate Gilbert.

It started with knitting Monkey Socks in January. I'm interesting in knitting iconic patterns each month now.

I agree with all of those who have knit this pattern before me that dropping stitches on purpose is tremendous fun. It feels like you are getting away with something very naughty. What could be better?

Yarn - Wollmeise 80/20 Fluffy in the color Dani Medium.

Needles - Knit Picks Harmony 16" circular in US size 4.

Feelings about not knitting socks - pretty good. I may have to do more not sock knitting again when this shawl is finished.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! That will be stunning when it is all done :D

~RaenWa~ said...

I would love to make one of these one day everyone seems to be making them & they are goregous looking I can't wait to see how yours come out I love the color

Macoco said...

Gorgeous colorway. I can't wait to see this one finished up. :)

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more! I just cast on the clapotis too and am really enjoying it. Your's looks fabulous!