Monday, October 01, 2007

Knee socks

As if knitting one pair of knee socks wasn't enough, I am now halfway through the second sock of the second pair!

I have what you could call fourth sock syndrome.
I already knit three of these, do I really have to knit another one?

Well, yes. Even though I am happy with the first pair, I have come up with a better toe and heel. Also, better ribbing at the top.
And because this is just way too much stockinette, there is a diamond pattern traveling up the new legs.

Want to see?

Soon enough. Let's just enjoy the first finished pair. Thank you.

Yarn: Schaefer Anne. Pattern: Originally made from following the Twisted Sister's sock workbook.

New pattern: completely altered cast-on, toe, heel, stitch pattern, rib and bind off. Available very soon.

Have you already heard how incredible this yarn is? Stats: 560 yds, so 1 hank makes 1+ pair of socks. 60% merino wool superwash, 25% mohair, and 15% nylon. 7-8 st. to the inch on US #0-2. Machine or hand wash.

"Anne" is a major joy to knit with. Soft, warm, light, fuzzy, shiny, everything perfect.

If you want to try it, know that they only do limited dye runs, so once a color is gone, it's gone for good. When you see a color you like, grab it fast. If you wait to think about it, you'll regret it. Pick up this lovely yarn here. "Thank" me later (!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the socks look great!

KnittyOtter said...

I love that color yarn. Perfect Autumn socks. :D