Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Campanula knit-along!


I joined a sock knit-along! What? I mean, yay! The pattern is super cute and it's for a good cause too. I'm remembering now that the best medicine for the blues is to do something for someone else. In my current self-obsessed stupor, this project arrived at the right time. Okay, the truth is I didn't do that much for someone else, but it is true that I am remembering this now.

Here's the scoop: In exchange for a donation of ANY AMOUNT (no matter how small) to the 2-day 60-km walkathon next September benefiting the Princess Margaret Hospital, Canada’s leading Cancer treatment and research facility, you get the pretty lace sock pattern for free. Then you can join the knit-along... and maybe even win a prize.

For more info, check out Campanula for the Cure. The page with all the details is here.

What sort of yarn will I use? Maybe knitpicks essential in pumpkin. I know I have that sitting around. Maybe I have to raid the stash and see what else I have. To be honest, I want to place an order at The Loopy Ewe. I only recently discovered the site and am drooling over the sock yarns. Yum!

...BUT a good girl checks the stash first, right?

It's sort of wrong to buy $75 worth of sock yarn, right?

On second thought, don't answer that.

No comments: