Monday, July 24, 2006

Tour de Fleece wrap-up special



We did it! We made it to the finish line. It was a fast three weeks for me and I'm already going through withdrawals.

A lot of spinning happened from July 1st through the 23rd. If you look around here and in the archives you'll see all of my adventures. (Actually, I still have a couple of skeins to show off!)

Go here for the original concept and guidelines.

Go here for some pictures of yarn in the Flickr pool

Go here to the Craftster board where people have posted their yarns. In addition to lots of lovely yarns, be sure to see Fiberangel's breathtaking cotton there. Also, annalou posted a great picture of spinning on the top of a mountain! I am so proud!

Overall I feel this was a tremendous success considering this was an event that combines a passion for spinning yarn with a love of professional cycling! Thanks to everyone who played along and to those who read about it even though they don't have a fondness for either. (You know who you are) I've made new friends and I've learned a lot and I plan on organizing it again next year. Vive Le Tour!

3 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I think it was great fun, even though I didn't complete my original challenge. It's enough that we got to meet and all that!

Off to Pomona tomorrow! Glad to know you still have your panties (although it probably would have been cooler without)...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure this is the first and only spinning//bicycle racing event in the entire world!

Congratulations!

Star said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun for me. I was pretty sure people would just laugh at me!