Saturday, July 22, 2006

More green yarn

There have been a lot of photos lately in the Free World and I'm sure it all loads on the computer slowly but I really can't help myself. I'd rather look at pictures of yarn than read about yarn, so I assume the same goes for others.

This roving here had a lot of yellow and blue with a bit of orange. I dyed it with Wilton's buttercup, delphinium, and copper. It's interesting how much green came to the surface though.

Lesson of the day= blue + yellow = green. Oh yeah.

This yarn here is one of three I am submitting to the LA County Fair (with help from my new pal sopranospinner! Yay for us spinners who live in hot places!) Read her blog for a tale of our adventures one scorching Friday afternoon...


Pretty soon I will start showing off some knitting in addition to the spinning. There's only a day left in the Tour de France (and the Tour de Fleece) so I can slow down a bit on the spinning, though it's hard to imagine that will actually happen.

In other news, I am going to see Tom Jones tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. I keep thinking I'm going to make a joke about it not being unusual but I shan't stoop so low.

5 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Just keep your panties on!

Star said...

I'm cracking up!

It was tempting...but it was too hot for any funny business.

Anonymous said...

Hi Star,

That is the most beautiful yarn!!! I love it!!!

Hello from CT!!! You can guess who told us about your site, and I want to tell you how great I think it is! I think you should make it into a magazine!

Hope all is well, and that you stay cool!

Warmly,
Hilary

Star said...

Hi Hilary!

It's so nice to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words too. It's so sweet!

xoxo
star

Anonymous said...

Oooo, what lovely yarn! I'm jealous! You mentioned submiting to the LA county fair and I've always wanted to do that so I was just wonder how the heck ya do it?
lol
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks so much!
Amy
knitwitamy at yahoo dot com