Thursday, July 13, 2006

The yarn is taking over my apartment

I made some more yarnahol! This little number is made up of 85% wool, 15% mohair, homespun and hand-dyed. It's 60 yards and weighs 2 ounces. When I dyed the roving I was trying to make colors of summer berries like raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, plus grapes and peaches. I guess I wanted some fruit then. Man I could go for a fruit salad now too!

More good news. The thread finally arrived! I get to experiment plying with thread now. Yeah! How do I do that again?

But the best news of all: (heralding trumpets) Soprano Spinner has offered to help me submit my yarn to the L.A. County Fair!

It means a lot to me because of my affection for the fair and how last year I promised myself I would figure out how to participate this year. And then when I blew it and missed the deadline I felt like a loser. And then someone reaches out a helping hand? Let's have a toast to the good people of the world. Cheers!

Moral of the day: even if you feel like you are a complete idiot and make big mistakes, someone may take pity on you, so that in the end it all works out. A thousand thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that's looks great!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Please keep us updated!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Now all you have to do is beat me for the blue ribbon! Happy to help! Email me and we will work it out: wlashbrook at yahoo dot com.

Wendy Stackhouse said...

And just so you think I'm stalking you or something, maybe we should try to plan to go together on Spinning Contest day (they haven't decided yet). It's really fun and I won't bring the kiddoes...

Star said...

You're cracking me up! I'd love to get together! I wasn't planning on going for the spinning contest. You think it's worth it? It makes me nervous, I'm sure I'd choke!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Well, you don't have to enter if you don't want to. It's fun to watch, too! But there are three classes, novice, intermediate and expert. Everybody competes at the same time, but you're judged in your own class. It's the most fum I EVER had at the fair!