Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cute puppy

Wow. The Tour de France continues to baffle as no real frontrunners have yet to emerge. It was fun/hard watching the cyclists struggle up two massive climbs today knowing they have five more tomorrow! I watched while I spun some of the newly dyed roving I showed off yesterday and felt pretty good about the day ahead. (You can feel an "uh-oh" moment coming, right?)

Okay. Moving on. The top of my list of things to do today was send off some homespun to the LA County Fair for judging. I gathered my yarn that I picked out a while back for this day. Three skeins, each over the required 60 yard minimum. I filled out the application. I double checked everything. And then I saw it... (brace yourself)

I'm a day late. I thought the deadline for LA County Fair submissions was today. I don't know how I got it into my head but I was sure of it. I marked it on my calendar even. "Send off package to Fair." The form had what I thought for a millisecond was a typo. The deadline was yesterday? I had a few weeks to do this and I waited until the last minute and now it's too late.

I am such an idiot.

It's time to bring out the big guns. I need a smile:

I did an image search for a "cute puppy" and this puppy IS cute, but am I nuts or does he look sad too? Oh bother!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does look sad!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Sh*t, it's probably my fault! I thought it was Wednesday but it was Tuesday for the forms. But you can still take your stuff yourself. Or (drum roll, please) get your entries to me and I will drive them for you as I will be driving on the 25th. Did you send the form? Call them and ask if you can fax it or something! They're actually quite nice in the office!! If there's anything I can do to facilitate your entries, please let me know! I feel terrible that you missed it (if you really did...).

Star said...

Whoa! That is SO kind. I am going to call them right now to see if I can still do it.

But it's not your fault you know. It's all mine!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Seriously, I will drive your stuff there if you like. So let me know if they take pity!

Star said...

I just heard back from them and I talked them into it! Are you sure you can do it? (Maybe we should talk off board)

starina at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

Phillip Whitely said...

She must be a Neil Young Fan lol :D