Sunday, November 11, 2007

Starting a firestarter

How about I introduce you to a great sock in progress?

I am on sock number one which I have knit and pulled out twice so I feel as though I am on sock number three, but really close in reality to finishing just one.

That said, I LOVE these socks! The pattern is uniquely original and I like how a lot of the action happens on the sides instead of the top.

What went wrong? The first time the sock was too big. Yes, I am fussy about sock fit. I frogged it all and cast on with smaller needles.

The second time I overcompensated and skipped a cable repeat which made the sock too short. I frogged back to the point where I made the error and started anew.

I have now turned the heel and the sock fits perfectly... Yay!

Pattern: The Firestarter by Yarnissima.
Yarn: Schaefer Heather in Julia Child color.
Needles: 2.5mm (US size 1) double pointed.

I must say I have a great story about one location where I did a few rows on this sock, and it sort of involves Clint Eastwood (!) but you'll have to wait a couple of days to read it.

I'm not trying to be a troublemaker, it's just that I want to tell the story properly and that will require a bit of editing first, you understand.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Way to leave us hanging!!

AmysBabies said...

I love that pattern, and that yarn! Both singly and together. They are both stunning! I have looked at that pattern in my que over and over and I have just never had the right yarn. I love how it looks in that brown!!

Lindy said...

Those socks are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love the new socks. The pattern on the side is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.