Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yarn Sale show-and-tell

I'm a bit nervous now because I just got a casting call to work on ER tomorrow. The last time I got this kind of call I knit these socks, so I guess I should just look forward to it like a good girl.

For local peeps, Knit Cafe on Melrose is having a 40% off yarn sale this week!

Step away from the yarn. Just walk away. Don't go in. Don't do it. Oh nevermind.

I picked up some sock yarn, "Katia Mississippi." Also, some 50% Alpaca/50% Tencel from Classic Elite called "Miracle." (bright stuff) And finally Noro Silk Garden Lite. Gotta love Noro on sale.

And... that's all. I wouldn't go over budget, not me. If it's not in the picture, I must not have bought it. That's all I bought! Yep. See the picture? Just those yarns. I was good. Yeah. Nothing else to see here folks. I'm definitely NOT hiding anything.

I'm trying to figure out a way to say what I'll bring to knit on set tomorrow, without contradicting the last paragraph...

4 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I fell off the wagon the other day, myself. Bought some Meilenweit in stripes, orange, blue, magenta, gold, very nice. Then I went to a new to me store and found Noro Sarubia (silk/mohair-discontinued) 50% off. Now what do I do with 528 yards? I don't know yet, but I'll come up with something, it's really pretty (I'm dreaming about it).

Did you enter the contest?

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

What yarn are you hiding?

Brewer said...

Show us the stash! I've got no great yarn stores (or sales) around here so I'm living thru your new stuff. Bring on the pics! :)

Star said...

Ha ha. I didn't take pictures of the rest because it's all black and I can't photograph black yarn very well! I just may try though, since we all like to look at pictures of yarn, yes? Also, I started to get embarrassed that I bought too much since I'm supposed to be on a budget!

Soprano, that Noro sounds lovely! I didn't enter the contest but I plan on going and cheering you on! I was way to intimidated, but I think you knew that already!