Sunday, August 27, 2006

I'm really tired and cranky

That's the kind of headline that really brings the readers into the inner circle.

You know what it's like when you have to work a job you've never done before and it's kinda hard and you're on your best behavior and it takes a lot out of you? That's been my last three days. Three whole days! (I know what you're thinking)

I'm considering adding a tip jar to the site and maybe google ads. Would you hate it as a reader to deal with seeing that stuff? Do other bloggers reading this do that? I'd love to hear your opinions!

So work plus blogger problems equals headline. But please don't worry about me...

I'm fine now. I did what I usually do when I need a smile and photo searched cute animal pictures. I hit the jackpot! According to the site I borrowed this picture from, the title is "Desdemona – The Cookie Thief" and credit goes to Kem Sypher of NE Portland, OR.

I love how the bunny is like, "what?"

5 comments:

Brewer said...

google ads never bother me on someones blog. Honestly, I don't even notice them and have never once clicked on one. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what a tip jar is, so I can't help you there

AR said...

That pic is so cute. I needed to see that today. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I don't think people who really like your blog would be bothered by ads, as long as they could still read it easily. Tip jar?? What's that?

Star said...

Thanks for the feedback. I think the problem with the ads is you only get paid if someone clicks on them and no one ever would would unless I asked them too which is obnoxious. I don't see them either and I never click on them.

The tip jar is also obnoxious but you can set one up with paypal or amazon and you put a little code into your settings and it allows folks to donate. It's the same thing as a donation box if you've ever seen that on a blog. I don't think I'm going to do either one. It would make me too uncomfortable!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Sorry about the cranky, but I'm with you. Too much time with children.

But it ends today!! Think of me at 11:37 a.m. I will be smiling.

It strikes me that I always sound like I don't want to spend time with them, and that is SO not the case. But in the summer, there is no "mommy time", no real break. And this is hard for this particular mommy.

And so there is a little wistfulness as my baby goes off to public school. And I will take pictures and some time this afternoon I will miss them. But it will be nice, too. And I get to hear all about the first day!!

This is getting like a blog post, but I saved today for my Katrina stuff. Sorry for the longness...

Anonymous said...

I think it's fine to have google ads on the side and a tip jar. You certainly put a ton of effort and thought into this site. I just ate a huge bag of carrots, seems I'm trading favorite foods with the bunny.