Monday, August 14, 2006

Oops, I did it again...

I made more pink yarn. It's like Close Encounters of the Third Kind when Richard Dreyfuss carves the same shape over and over into his mashed potatoes. Only with a spinning wheel, wool and dye.

The aliens of pink are going to be coming for their yarn. Give them my address; it's all waiting here for them.

It's the only explanation of why I am compelled to keep up with the pink lately. It's really not my color, but it doesn't seem to matter how much I deny it.

In non-pink news, I used the FIVE flavors of hecho en mexico aguas frescas kool-aid today and I should be able to show it off tomorrow. Various bits of wool roving are spread out over the apartment drying as I type.

Tease: pleasant surprises were mango and tamarindo (though the latter smelled funky). Terrible shock was the mandarina. Think neon orange.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see how the aqua frescas turned out!

Brewer said...

You know I'll be checking in here all day today and tomorrow waiting (not so patiently) for the pics :)

AR said...

The pink is pretty. Really can't wait to see the aguas frescas. Especially the neon orange!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I'm looking forward to your results also. Maybe someday I'll remember to give you my Wilton's!!

Hope all is well!

Star said...

Wow! Thanks for the comments everyone!

I was going to wait a day before posting the results but now it seems like people actually care to know!
So nice :)