Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cherry blossom ice-cream smile

I've got more hand-dyed yarn to show off. It's not homespun but I report that this yarn is as soft as a kitten's tummy. It's a blend of alpaca, silk and merino in a dusty rose color.

Tomorrow is "fiber friday" and I will show off some actual homespun then. I must confess that pink isn't really my thing, but I am trying to push myself to make up all sorts of dyes in every color just to see what happens!

In band cuff news, a craftster started a knitalong! There is already a pretty finished cuff in the gallery. Neat!

I'm flattered and honored and will try not to keep checking every five minutes to see if anyone else is making the cuffs! I'm going to make a few more cuffs myself to test out some variations I'm toying with in my head.

I can share one thing, it's really hard to take a picture of your own wrist! Tip of the day: take a picture using a mirror. That's how I got the picture of my hand on my hip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Man, stuff like working and packing and cleaning and feeding the gaping maws are interfering with my knitting!!!

No bands yet, darn it!