Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Another great mail day

I scored again! I got two beautiful skirts from the fabulous fleur_delicious.

AND some terrific earrings she made - holy mother of pearl! Jackpot.

I'm very lucky indeed.

In knitting news, it's time to update the finished objects page. I've talked very little about knitting and spinning lately and that's just plain wrong. What's on the needles? Well, I'm finishing up a project that took me a year to make. I call that news! I'll post pictures when everything is said and done.

Let's just say there were some ups and downs. And part of why it took so long is that I used the wrong yarn for a while and was stubborn about admitting it. Ah yes, there it is.

I've also knit 3 market bags (from magknits) in a row, for swaps. I really want one of these bags for myself but I can't bear to make another just now. Here's the pattern, but I know it by heart. Seriously. (with size 15 needles, CO 45...)

Actually it was this bag that put me over the edge for finally memorizing kitchener stitch. I used to have to look it up every time to remember the proper order of things but not now. I turned a corner, and I have that market bag to thank.

You know what else I realized? I LIKE KNITTING WITH COTTON!

Sorry to shout. It's like confessing some great secret. It feels great to shout it. Take your luxury fibers and pet them for all eternity. I'll be doing the work over here with the utility cotton. Perhaps the free patterns (upper right links) are an indication since the knitted items are all made out of cotton. What can I say? Fancy yarn is intimidating.

So yeah, it also feels good to be talking about knitting again. I'll post some pictures soon, I just wanted to give these beautiful skirts their due.

5 comments:

stacyZ said...

Very cute! Did you do a swap for these?

granolagirl said...

Beautiful skirts! I would wear both of them religiously.

Star said...

I love these skirts!

I did swap for them. The Ongoing Wish Swap on Craftster - highly addicting.

Macoco said...

Those skirts are beautiful. I can't wait to see your finished projects.

AR said...

Nice stuff! Very creative.

I like knitting with cotton, too.