Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Weird Contest!

I celebrated my new hobby of knitting on television with a purchase some will understand, while others will think crazy. Here she is, an ebony Blythe doll... straight outta Hong Kong!

I "need" to name her. I'm thinking Violet but am open to suggestions. If I end up with a name suggested here in the comments, I will put together a prize for the person who came up with it. You read that right.

The winner can choose between a felt bead kit, a roving dying kit (with Kool-Aid) or a set of notecards.

Note the outfit is called "Camera Happy Please"

Now let's chat some more about knitting on television. Because let's face it, after this week I won't be able to bring it up quite so often without looking obnoxious, right? For those who missed knitty gritty you can catch a re-run on April 18, 2007
2:00 PM Eastern!

For those requesting the chart for the martini glasses and such, the wonderful knitster Jeremiah sent me the pdf file to share with you... and as soon as I figure out how to do that, I will!

For the bloggers out there I have two issues I want to deal with asap. I want to change the banner to the one I made for my etsy shop and I want to share pdf files. When I figure out how to do this, I can convert all my free patterns for easier downloads. Anyone who might have some advice on the subject?

Yes, I will show her in the camera happy please outfit. And with the miniature knitting needles I already made for her. And I will probably discuss the need to sand mat the shine off her face and trim the factory-uneven hair. But I will NOT pose with her in my blue polka-dot bathing suit because that is going too far. Do you think I am some kind of crazy doll-lady?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know your doll likes knitting and not NASCAR ? Maybe you should make it a little race car, too...

Kari said...

LOL I knew you'd cave! Hahaha! They're just TOO cute, aren't they? My Mom got a Honey Bunnny Once More, after she saw Josie on my blog!!!

If she likes her camera and photography, how about Annie? (I planned ahead, and decided I'd go with Queen's names. So Josephine was first, when I get another girl, she'll be Isabella or Caroline! LOL)

Renna said...

She looks like a "Chicksta Knitsta" to me. A little lame, I know, but that's all I've got. ;-)

Sorry I missed your Knitty Gritty episode. I've been reading your blog recently, but missed a few days and didn't see the announcement. I'll catch you on the rerun!

stacyZ said...

YAY LOVE HER! I cannot wait to see her dressed up although I am a bit bummed there will be no swimsuit shots ;)

Well I like Violet personally I think it totally works. Sol cannot wait to meet her and go on a big roadtrip together. I will email you about the pdf stuff :)

BEESTLYproducts said...

wow! all the cool kids will want to steal her... stealing is for bad girls.... bad girls are named "bonnie".

Anonymous said...

i wish i had diy so i could have seen it!! mike

Anonymous said...

How about Lucy? :-)

Your yarn looks so cool.
-Rachel

Anonymous said...

I think she bears a striking resemblance to Christina Ricci, so I vote for the name Christina.

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute!
I think Violet is a great name for her. One of my dollies is still nameless and she arrived home over a week ago. :P

Anonymous said...

She looks like an Alexis, to me....but we'd all call her Lexi.
Have to go see if Knitty Gritty got recorded...way to go!
kerstin

Unknown said...

Hi, I just found your blog and awesome cloth patterns (well, I was directed here by Rachel in her yahoo group!). Congrats on Knitty. I'll check my DVR to see if that one recorded. If not, I'll set it for the 18th "fer shur!".

The doll is cute! How about China, Roxy, Roxanne, Nina, Ricky, Rose, or Bea?

Marti said...

She looks like a Lola to me...