Sunday, December 16, 2007

Stash enhancement

Remember back a few weeks ago to Black Friday?

For those not in the US, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, where we are so stuffed from overeating that we have to go out and overspend. It's the law.

I usually avoid leaving the house if I can help it because crowds of people looking for bargains frighten me. Also, a few years back I went to Best Buy on Black Friday and got my ankle cut open by a crazy lady with a shopping cart.

This year I was innocently surfing the web in my pajamas when I found out about a special online yarn sale at Eat, Sleep, Knit. I had to immediately make a purchase.

It was a really fun mystery sale, where you didn't know how much of a discount you were getting until after you checked out. It was said to range from 10% all the way to 100% off. I got very caught up in that.

I bought: (left to right) Dream in Color Smooshy in Chinatown Apple, Claudia Hand Painted Fingering in Moss, and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Baltic Sea and Black Purl.

I held my breath and checked out... 35% off! Free shipping! Par-ty!

The elation lasted about 30 seconds, and then I instantly wanted to go back and buy more. I wanted to try my luck again, like with a slot machine. What if I won a bigger discount? My mind raced.

I fought the urge but it started to make me crazy. I stalked the site and watched the yarns slowly turn over to "out of stock." And then, my computer died.

I "appreciate" the helping hand that kept me from making another purchase, however, I was now forced to go to the Apple store on Black Friday... With thousands of other people. It wasn't exactly fun, but at least nothing bad happened to my ankles this time.

No comments: