I am still walking around quite shocked that I have a pattern in the amazing winter 2007 knitty, and I'm honored to be side by side with the rest of those beautiful patterns!
I want to answer a few questions I have received:
1. The name is an homage to Mary Quant.
2. Oh, my name? Yes, my name really is Star Athena. My parents gave it to me. Most people call me Star. I have a last name, but I don't need it since I seem to be the only Star Athena making knitting patterns.
3. Yes, you are probably doing it right. Entrelac looks funny. See photo for proof. It will look better when you are done and you have blocked the crap out of it.
4. I did not manipulate the yarn to make the colors show up in certain places, though I am not against the idea of doing that. I could say I planned it carefully, but honestly I think I got lucky with where the yarn changed colors right off.
If you are substituting yarns and have that pretty one with knots, (not naming names) you will have to get creative about joining your yarns. I believe in you.
5. Not a question or answer but a thank you. Thank you to anyone who said something nice to me or about me or thought something nice or is nice. Thank you because this has otherwise been a challenging week and I swear it was the knitting, knitters and knit-related web that made everything better.