Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A remedy for knitter's block

First, thank you for all of the entries into the contest (see below). I've been enjoying them a LOT and can't wait to compile everything into a big list for everyone to use. I was going to call it the "Knitter's Market" but since that excludes crochet I think "Stitcher's Market" might be better. Anyway, keep 'em coming!

I'm still knitting socks around here, which was the very thing to help get me out of the knitter's block I had this summer. I know a lot of you are still in the thick of it, so I have an idea for you.

Maybe you already know about this, or perhaps you are busy with another charitable knitting endeavor, but I just head about the Red Scarf Project and I wanted to share it with you.

In brief: Make a scarf for an orphan going to college. I imagine orphans don't get a lot of care packages in general so this is a good place to start. The deadline is October 15th. Details here.

Not your thing? Check out Afghans for Afghans. Or any one of the thousands of results you get when you google charitable knitting. As one prone to boredom, self-doubt, loneliness and ennui, I can say that when I remember to do something for someone else, I am in that moment at peace with the universe. Unblock yourselves!

1 comment:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

OT, I simply MUST ask you what you thought of the Best in Show yarn at the fair. Yours were lovely, as usual! I finally got there last Wednesday. Didn't do the contest this year, though, away at camp.