Friday, September 14, 2007

Fiber Friday 9/14/07

I know. It's been a while since I had a Fiber Friday offering. Why? Well I could make excuses like it's hot out but honestly my spinning mojo is on holiday.

Yes okay fine but here is some yarn I hand dyed the other day. It's pretty in real life, if not a bit washed out in these photos here. The colors remind me of what happens to a black eye as the bruise fades.

This is some sock yarn, of course. 100% merino. I plan on selling it in my etsy shop and dying more too. I figure I can at least dye while waiting for my spinning mojo to return.

Come to think of it, only recently did I get my knitting mojo back. I hope these two mojos are not mutually exclusive. I love love love spinning. I just haven't wanted to do it lately. Just knitting. I'm okay with it.

Especially since I found out the Bazaar Bizarre isn't happening in Los Angeles this year. Last year I sold so much freaking yarn and fiber I had to close my booth a couple of hours early. I had planned on doubling my supplies this year, but I'm now stuck with a lot of homespun.

I haven't been able to figure it out, but my yarn doesn't sell on etsy like some other sellers I know. I was sort of counting on Bazaar Bizarre. I guess I better find another craft show to participate in!

Oh, you thought I was going to say the colors remind me of a flower or something?

No comments: