I'm excited to report it's only 12 days until the start of the Tour de Fleece!
I've gotten a lot of questions lately and I'll try to answer them here, in the annual official FAQ. (Subject to change, of course)
1. It's not too late to sign up.
2. The idea is to spin every day the Tour rides. If you can't, I won't punish you.
3. You don't have to be Tour de France obsessed like I am to spin-along. You just have to want to spin yarn. A wheel or spindle will both work.
4. If you want to watch the Tour de France and you live in the US, Versus is the channel that airs it.
5. You want to know where to link your badge? I don't require this, but if you want to show solidarity... You can link it to the Tour de Fleece page:
6. When you sign up here, it's great if you could leave your name and blog address in the comment so I don't have to guess and hunt when I add you to the list.
7. If you live in Europe and have an opportunity to get a picture of yourself spinning while the Tour de France passes by, you will get special treatment... including, but not limited to, the intense envy of yours truly.
8. All of the basic information can be found on the sign up page here.
9. Show off your homespun during the Tour in our Flickr pool here.
10. There are no requirements of how much you have to spin. Just spin every day. If you're traveling, take a drop spindle along. Five minutes spin time counts.
11. Ravelry! If you want to really participate in the Tour or just read about what everyone is up to, join the Ravelry group. You can post pictures and join groups and vote on prizes there.
12. Prizes? Yes, this year there are prizes. They are still trickling in so I have not yet made an official announcement about how to win them. I will say that many of them will be by nominations and voting. There is already a random prize being offered in the Ravelry group as well.
13. Teams! This year there are teams within the Tour as another way to participate. You don't have to join a team. Or, you can join as many as you like. It's your Tour. The listing of teams can be found in the signup thread or in the Ravelry group.