Saturday, June 28, 2008

Black Sheep Gathering 2008

It was awesome! Wanna see?


Stephen Colbert
This Alpaca was named Stephen Colbert.


Stephen Colbert
OK, great. But what you really want to know is, what did I buy?


Bamboo Roving
Bamboo roving,


Alkanet
natural dyestuff,


Wool blend
natural roving,


Roving
pretty roving,


Rambouillet Roving
French breed roving (for the Tour de Fleece),


Non-Ironic Alpaca shirt
a non-ironic alpaca shirt,


Socks that rock mill ends
...and some mill ends medium weight Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiber Arts!

I did not pick up weaving or rug hooking yet. I did, however, buy my first natural dye stuff and feel like that could be the start of a new addiction. Time will tell.

Somehow I managed to stay within my budget, but it was reallyreallyreally hard. I'm especially happy that I now finally want to spin again, which is something I was really hoping would happen.

I wish I could tell you more about this massive fiber fest but it was a wee bit overwhelming and I wouldn't know where to start. Or end. So I'll end it here instead.

3 comments:

The Bon said...

Oregon Flock and Fiber [in Sept] is, I think, less overwhelming than Black Sheep. As to where I was...I don't think I left the barns on Saturday! I wandered up to see the goats and sheep and wandered a bit back and forth but mostly I was at the very far end, near Carolina Homespun, in the spinner's circle. I had on a green ravelry t-shirt. If you decide to go to OFFF, we'll have to make actual plans to meet up there.

Anonymous said...

Ha. Whereas I picked up rug hooking goodies and now have a lil' loom.

And I will have a wheel...someday!

Anonymous said...

you got quite a haul!