Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm not giving knitted gifts this year

Well maybe a few. But more importantly, where did 2006 go?

Even more importantly, I have an announcement: I am the worst knitting blogger of all time. Perhaps I am being dramatic. But I don't think so.

I was just reflecting on how I used to write stories about knitting and dying and spinning. I also took a lot of pictures of such things. I remember those days fondly. I am knitting these days but I don't know if I'm allowed to show a picture of the work in progress because it's for somebody else's book. The only part of the story I've leaked is the yarn. I still like the yarn, by the way.

In unexpected news, I received Handspun Revolution in the mail today. I ordered it in May, so I kinda forgot about it. Yeah. You read that right. May.

But this book looks like a lot of fun. I'm quite inspired suddenly. I think I have to start tricking out my spinning wheel. Come to think of it, I might need to start my own revolution. Or join that one. Or... nevermind, It's my bedtime. But you get the idea.

3 comments:

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I remember you had just ordered that book when we first met. That was a long shipping time! I didn't realize it was self-published, though. Maybe that's why.

It will be nice to read more of your stories in the coming year. Have a lovely holiday!

AR said...

May? Wow!

Happy Holidays to ya!! :)

Casey said...

That's a bummer it took so long. At least it was kind of like a surprise for yourself, you know?