Monday, October 16, 2006

Thanks for the visits

I had this terrible dream that for the last six weeks I was stuck behind a desk in an office building and didn't write in my blog very much. I'm happy to report I am awake now from that nightmare. I'm ba-a-a-a-a-ck!

There was a small awards ceremony over the weekend to celebrate the 10,000th visitor to this blog, complete with a golden fleece statue. You'll notice the number is off, because no one actually caught on until the 10,304th person visited. It's better this way somehow.

There was a lot of food consumed at the festivities including a new snack I discovered at an Indian shop called "Haldiram's Chana Jor Garam" (Spicy black gram snack) Which I am now addicted to. I don't know what "black gram" is but it reminds me of pumpkin seeds. They also had Top Ramen style instant noodles but in curry and masala flavors but I haven't tried those yet.

What's happening this week in the Free World? I am going to send off a few packages for some Craftster swaps, including some Kool-Aid yarn dying kits. Because of this, I will share my instructions with you as well! Bonus feature - dying with Wilton's icing gels too!

This reminds me, I didn't exactly get any cake this weekend. Shouldn't a big celebration to honor the end of a crap job and the 10,304th visitor include cake? And that reminds me, I should get up and start working out again.


sopranospinner said...

Nice to have you back! Wanna go to Stick and Stone on Friday? Come on, you know you do...

MrsFife said...

Here's a picture of dried chana for you:
It might be what you'd call chickpeas.

And would you be talking about these:
when you say "instant soups"? Althought these are noodles and not soups, of course.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back! now my checking in 3 times a day won't be in vain :)

AR said...


Star said...

soprano - yes.I will comment on your blog shortly.

mrsfife - thanks for the info! They are noodles, I guess they look like soups. Silly me. I should have also mentioned that the woman in the store talked me into buying a sweet and hot sauce to add to the noodles. She said they HAD to be eaten that way!

Thanks weaver and ar. You brighten my day.