Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ramble with a bit of Dylan Thomas

Fall has fallen. I am finishing the last few rows on a sweater for a ghost. I am burying nuts. I am returning library books and looking for bigger dreams.

Loose-Leaf
photo by Nicholas_T via Flickr

Later this month I will talk about knitting, specifically in regards to some Day of the Dead socks, but for now let's just look at these lovely pictures and ponder the October-ness of today.

  Na konci každého tunelu je světlo!  [There's a Light at the End of Every Tunnel]
photo by Fesoj via Flickr



Especially when the October wind
With frosty fingers punishes my hair,
Caught by the crabbing sun I walk on fire
And cast a shadow crab upon the land,
By the sea's side, hearing the noise of birds,
Hearing the raven cough in winter sticks,
My busy heart who shudders as she talks
Sheds the syllabic blood and drains her words.

- Dylan Thomas, Especially When the October Wind

No comments: