Not that we had much of a summer around here! I'd like to take a break from my busy non-blogging schedule to update you on what's current here in the free world.
1. Vogue Knitting Fall 2010! I've got a pair of over-the-knee socks in this issue. Check out the 360 video here. The story line is called "Steppin' in Style - Exquisite knee-highs dress up the fall's must-have minis."
These were a fun project and the cashmere yarn from Artyarns was downright luxurious. I still feel like the pattern would have worked better in a solid yarn though. Oh well!
2. Interweave Knits Fall 2010! The pattern is Pizzicato Scarf from the Pure and Simple storyline. The project is a three-color brioche knit but you can't tell from the magazine.
So, here is my version, in a similar pose (!)
3. Here is where I tell you I've got 2 more knee sock patterns coming in the next issue of Vogue! So, that's why I'm not here as much as I should be.
4. Got a new bread machine (thanks papa and tutu!) so accepting the return of fall will be met with yeast and salt and sugar.
5. I have to get to the library to pick up the ten bread machine baking books I put on hold this week.
Have a great weekend! I'll be at the pirate festival in Cathedral Park... knitting.