Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Socks For All Seasons 2010 Pattern Club!

I'm really excited to share with you (finally!) a pattern club I've been working on for a while: Socks For All Seasons!

Monkey sock cast on

What is Socks For All Seasons?

Socks for All Seasons is a modern almanac of sock knitting!

This club will take a knitter through an entire year with different techniques, skills and patterns to learn along the way. Each month will feature one original sock pattern that will celebrate the season or highlight a special holiday. (or maybe one you didn't know existed?)

The club starts March 1st, 2010. It runs for 12 months, and has 12 patterns. Each pattern will also contain one extra, like a recipe, word game or crossword puzzle, just for fun! The PDF file will be sent to your email address on the first of the month. I have no spoilers for you, the patterns will be a surprise for now.

Patterns are exclusive to the club for the duration of the year. When the club is over, the patterns will all be available to purchase individually, or together as an e-book (downloadable PDF collection).

Club Details:

You can join the club with different options, your choice:

1. Just sign on for one month, any month. You choose. $3.99

2. Sign on for three months. Any three months, you choose. $9.99

3. Sign on for six months. Any six months, you choose. $12.99

4. Sign on for the whole year! Yay! $14.99

The E-Book (available March 2011) will cost $15.99. It will be a complete collection of all 12 patterns plus a bonus secret pattern!

The good news: If you join a club, the price you pay will be deducted from the e-book if you wish to purchase it. Meaning, if you sign on for three months, for example, the e-book will only cost you $5.00 ($15.99 minus $9.99). Get it?

Questions? Leave a comment here. What are you waiting for? Go for it! Make your selection from the drop-down menu and I'll handle the rest.






Options
List month(s)




24 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Will you be using yarns other than fingering weight? Just curious! (Fatty yarn knitter here, sport, dk, worsted)

Tracy said...

this is so awesome! will you be posting photos of the patterns after they've been sent out each month?

Pete said...

wooo! yeah! sounds super-neato!

Star said...

Hi Michele!

The club will have at least one sport and perhaps more. You can join for the fat months only if you like :-)

Star said...

Hi Tracy!

I'm definitely posting photos each month after the patterns are emailed.

Calophi said...

I just bought the whole year. I figure I'll use the patterns eventually!

PayPal likes to list my address as animejb DOT net even though I TOLD it to use my gmail account. So if you could change my info to be calophi AT gmail DOT com that would be spiffing! (You can tell which one is me b/c under month's I put, ALL YEAR BABY! =D)

April Klich said...

This sounds great. I'm curious if the patterns will be predominately knit from the cuff or toe.

Star said...

Calophi - Thanks for letting me know! I've got the correction noted.

WingedStrategos - Great question! The socks will be mostly top-down but there will be at least one toe-up. You can join for only the months that feature the technique you like, though I can't promise that will be more fun that way ;-)

shannon said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Unknown said...

I'm in for the year!

Thanks Star, this sounds great.

Cassie said...

This sounds awesome! I'm joining right now :)

Anonymous said...

just signed up for the whole year-what a bargain

thanx-hello knitty

Rosemary said...

I would love to join the club. My reservations are that I have a size 9" foot circumfernce and a 10 3/4" length foot. Will the patterns be written for this size foot?
rosevta@hotmail.com

Star said...

Welcome everybody!

Rosemary - Thanks for leaving a comment. I think you'll be fine. The length of your foot isn't an issue at all because I write patterns that are customizable for your foot length. The width is fine too because I include a large women's size which should stretch to fit 9".

Also, you can always make adjustments to sock patterns by using thicker yarn and larger needles to change your gauge. I'm sure you've run into this before!

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Thanks!
Star

Arlene said...

I'm so excited for you to do this club! I've got yarn out the wazoo and don't need to join another club that includes yarn - plus I absolutely love your patterns! It's just a win-win all around!

dragon knitter said...

do we get the bonus pattern if we buy the wholeyear, or is that just for the e-book? thinking really hard about the year!

Star said...

Thanks again for all of the kind comments!

Dragon Knitter - The bonus pattern will only be in the e-book. However, the eBook would only cost you $1 if you sign up for the whole year of the club! Yay!

Margie said...

I've signed up for all 12 patterns! I'm waiting with bated breath for March 1!

Lara Lorelei said...

Yay! I'm in and looking forward to a year of patterns to get through my mountain of sock yarn!

Jennifer said...

Can I join now, after the first month is over already?
Your patterns are so beautiful and I really want them ALL!!!

Star said...

Sure! You can join anytime and you'll get all the previous patterns when you sign up :)

Monique said...

Hi,

I signed up for an entire year last Sunday and paid through PayPal. I haven't received any patterns as yet. :-( Did you get my payment?
Thanks!

Monique

Unknown said...

The club has already started but can I still join anyway? Please?

Star said...

Of course! Thanks for asking!

When you join for the year you get a link to download all of the previous month's patterns. :)