Monday, July 13, 2009

Freshman Cable Socks

I haven't seen the new Knitscene yet but it's hitting the stores really soon.

I have a pattern in there: Freshman Cable Socks... Wanna see a teaser?

(Thanks to emilyshmemily for modeling!)

Freshman Cabled Socks

I’m really inspired by the way you can draw simple lines and geometric shapes with basic cables; the design happens from the placement of the cables, rather than the detail of the cable itself.

Freshman Cabled Socks

This project uses cables that are elongated and stacked in a spiraling, angular design. The left and right sock mirror each other for added interest.

Freshman Cabled Socks

I originally wanted these socks to be like your freshman year in a new endeavor… jump in and get started!

But maybe these are just socks to wear to the library. Either way.


grumperina said...

Just saw these on the Lorna's Laces blog, and I have to tell you, I love them!!! They look like... you know sometimes you get a dessert and the chef decorates the plate with parallel strands of a sauce, and then takes a fork and nudges the straight lines to one side or another? That's what these socks look like to me! Gorgeous!

Vince said...

Thank U for sharing...


HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!Very pleasing to look at. A real work of art! xoxo Mamaewe said...

Those are super cute! I'm loving your blog. I jsut found it today via a link to your cuffs on Threadbanger. I'm totally adding those cuffs to my "must-make" list. I'd love to link to them as well if you didn't mind!

jsi said...

Hi my name is Jessie and I have followed knit picks for a while, but never stopped by for a comment. I LOVE THESE SOCKS!!! Am I able to obtain a pattern for them, I want to start working on them tonight. I love knitting, it help untie the knots in my mind and in my heart, and making these socks would be perfect!

stephen hizKNITS said...

You know I love, love, love these. I told my SS students to check them out for male-ish inspiration.

I also loved meeting you! Until the next time...