I crazy. This is the kind of mood I've been in lately so of course I can't blog, because you'll all know I'm not a knitting professional but actually a rambling coo coo bird. But I think I'd like to come out as a crazy person, and hope you'll ride along with me for the time being.
Today's post lacks cohesion. It is straight from my unedited brain. You have been warned.
1. Just moved. As in, packed all my stuff and dragged it 8 blocks away. Total chaos. I can't find anything except stuff I'm not exactly looking for. For example, here is a picture of me at the 2004 Grammys.
I'm eating (thanks) something called Cheese of Spain. Remind me to tell you about the Grammys sometime.
2. Knitting news! Wow. Did you hear that 30,000 people tried to log on to register for the Sock Summit all at once? That's what happened. I'm teaching at this flipping Lollapalooza!?
30,000 people (!)
When is the rest of the world going to take us seriously?
3. Speaking of serious, I am going to run in my first race since junior high school tomorrow and I'm excited but a little scared. It's the Starlight Run for local folk. I "like" the part on the site where they say "walking on the route isn't permitted". Okay then.
4. I just signed the contracts for the Fall 2009 Knitscene... gonna have a new pattern in there... yeah!
5. Spoiler alert - if you're in the Fresh From the Cauldron Wizard of OZ club look away now... though you should have this in your mailbox today.
The June installment features one of my new patterns, which will be available to the public early next year: Dorothy's Basket.
While daydreaming of a world over the rainbow, a farming girl from Kansas would have to also be practical. She would need a light shawl to wear while walking her dog to the mercantile. This project was inspired by something a young Dorothy Gale might sport to coordinate with her gingham dress and hand basket.
It's nice to talk about it since I am wearing it all the time anyway.
How about a pic of the shawl in action? Thanks to my work buddy, all around foxy moxington and hairspirational BFF Vivian for always having a good attitude about posing with my hand knits!
Thanks for reading this. Maybe you crazy too?