It's not just me, right? This has been quite a week all around. Highlights include:
1. A visit from old friends... and two fantastic documentaries. Johnny Cash's America and The Night James Brown Saved Boston. I'm inspired in new ways, thank you very much.
2. When friends visit, everybody eats! Breakfast at Genies, drinks at Higgins, and dinner at Clyde Common. I'm a broken record but I love Portland!
3. Speaking of records, I cast on some socks inspired by licorice pizza: RPM.
4. The new president. What can I say that hasn't been said a million times?
5. Items 1 through 4 make me want to dance. I miss good old fashioned house parties, with spiked punch and waving your hands in the air like you don't care.
6. I just finished up a new pattern that will be released in the Fall Knitscene. Only about 7 months before I can tease it. Unless you count this as a tease. Which you shouldn't.
7. I also finished a different pattern to be released in the Spring/Summer Vogue. Of course it's a different pattern. Why do I put things the way I do?
8. I've got a new pattern to be released next week, Prairie House Shawl. Inspired by something Laura Ingalls Wilder might sport in anticipation of spring. Modeled here by my pal Brooke:
9. I made two lasagnas today. One with butternut squash, the other with roasted veggies. I'm freezing them and eating as needed. Man I wish I could share them with someone. I'll say it, I want to share them with YOU.
10. More snow. Seriously, people.