Whatta week! Here are the top ten events of the last seven days:
1. The teacher list was announced today for the Sock Summit. Go ahead and look, then come right back. I'll still be here.
Are you kidding me?!
I'm one of the teachers, along with Barbara Walker, Meg Swansen, Nancy Bush, Cat Bordhi, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, etc. etc. etc. Let's just say I'm a wee bit nervous and will probably do something to embarrass myself within moments of arrival. If not sooner.
Also, trying to explain to muggles why this is a big freaking deal isn't fun. You people get it though, yeah? I believe this picture explains sock knitting very well:
2. I talked to Stephanie Pearl-McPhee on the phone. For over 20 minutes. Pretending it was normal.
3. Actually, I have a borderline psychotic outgoing message on my cell phone voicemail. It pleases me to no end that she had to listen to it in order to leave me a message. And she complimented me on it.
Yes, the first 3 were all about the Sock Summit. It was by far the biggest thing that happened this week, obviously.
4. A promotion at work! I work at Twisted yarn shop. I've been made assistant to the regional manager. And I got a fancy pen. Jealous?
5. What a lovely response to the Prairie House Shawl pattern (modeled by Brooke). Thanks all!
6. Movies! The Portland International Film Fest is nearly over but I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
7. New brake pads. I'm enjoying the sudden ease of stopping. I suffer the $400 price tag.
8. Got the Knitscene project shipped. You'll know more what this is about in July or so.
9. I love Portland, but I missed California a bit this week. There. I said it.
10. I've been waiting many years to make this happen... you see, I really wanted to go see the Harlem Globetrotters this weekend. I couldn't think of anyone else who would want to see them. (see #9) Oh well. Maybe next year?